Easy exercises for the perfect pins
These thigh-trimming, calf-toning exercises will give you slim, lean and sexy legs in no time.
Women are afraid of building the bulk on their legs when they focus on exercising this area, but that doesn’t mean that you should neglect this part of your body. While these workouts do work to build muscles, they also strengthen and keep your legs lean and free from the jiggle and wobble while giving a more refined definition.
1. In a standing position, hold your arms straight out at shoulder level.
2. Lift your right leg off the floor, keeping it at a straight athlete position. Hold it there.
3. Push your hips back and lower your body, similar to a squatting action.
4. Push your body back to standing position. This is one rep. Repeat on the other leg.
Curtsey Lunge Kick
1. In a standing position, step your right leg behind you to the left, lowering both knees like a curtsy motion.
2. Press and balance off your left foot, then lift up and kick your right leg straight outwards. This is one rep. Repeat on the other leg.
1. Bring your heels pressed together and toes apart in a V position.
2. Raise heels a few inches off the floor, lower your hips and bend your knees.
3. Pulse up and down.
1. Start from a standing position with your feet at shoulder-width apart.
2. Take a large step backwards with your right leg, crossing it diagonally behind your left leg. Swing your left arm behind and lightly tap the ground with your right hand.
3. Immediately hop and alternate to the other direction. This is one rep.
Downward Dog Split
1. Start from a downward dog position, with your palms and feet flat on the ground and your hips perking upwards.
2. Extend your right foot up towards the sky. Make sure your hips and shoulders are squared and your gaze is to the back.
3. Lower down and repeat on the other leg.
Got a lean leg exercise movement to share? Tell us by commenting below.