The Ultimate SkinnyMint teatox guide
We walk you through the SkinnyMint two-step teatox program and everything you need to know before you begin your teatox journey.
Making the decision to reboot your life and get healthy can be a little overwhelming, but taking the first step with a SkinnyMint teatox will get you on the right path.
Our teatox guide gives you the answers you need to start your journey.
What is a teatox?
A teatox is a detox using tea. You detox by drinking specially formulated tea to cleanse the body.
SkinnyMint tea uses a blend of all-natural herbal ingredients, carefully selected, sourced, blended and expertly formulated to help maximize your body’s detox ability and kick-start a healthy lifestyle.
How does a SkinnyMint teatox work?
SkinnyMint is a two-step teatox program. You drink Morning Boost tea every morning and Night Cleanse tea every other night. We have a 14-day Starter Teatox or a 28-day Ultimate Teatox. You can also buy Morning Boost and Night Cleanse teas separately.
Morning Boost lifts your energy levels and can be consumed daily as a substitute for coffee (it contains caffeine to give your morning extra kick!). Ingredients include immunity boosting green tea and guarana fruit, which aids cleansing and endurance.
Night Cleanse is designed to naturally cleanse the body, which could lead to reduced bloating. It has a mild laxative effect and cleansing will happen six to seven hours after drinking. So it’s probably best to be at home when it takes affect! Ingredients include ginger root for anti-bloating, orange leaves for smooth skin and lemon grass for relaxation.
Tip: Get the full list of SkinnyMint ingredients
When to drink it
Morning Boost: Every day – either first thing in the morning or with breakfast.
Night Cleanse: Taken every other night – 30 minutes before sleeping.
Tip: The Night Cleanse teabag can only be used once, but you can re-brew the Morning Boost teabag up to four times.
What does our tea taste like?
Morning Boost tea tastes fresh, tropical and fruity. We combined dandelion leaf and guarana seeds with the freshness of green tea.
Night Cleanse tea tastes fresh and earthy, with notes of lemongrass, ginger and orange leaves.
How to brew
- Pour 1 cup of nearly boiling water (80 degrees Celsius) over one tea bag.
- For Morning Boost tea, let it steep for 4-5 minutes before removing the tea bag.
- For Night Cleanse tea, let it steep 2-3 minutes before removing the tea bag.
Tip: You can drink our teas chilled (brew the tea with hot water first then cool). Our tea tastes awesome, but you can add mint, lemon, orange slices, honey, saffron or cardamom to mix things up a bit.
What should you eat whilst teatoxing?
A SkinnyMint teatox is not a diet, so the good news is you eat! We recommend you cut out junk food and go healthy – so you should be stocking up on fresh fruit and veg, lean meat and complex carbs. Get healthy eating ideas, tips and inspo.
How often should you teatox?
After you have completed a 28-day cycle of teatoxing, we recommend you to take a four-six week break from drinking Night Cleanse tea. During the break, you can continue drinking the Morning Boost separately – it’s the perfect coffee replacement.
Tip: For maximum results we recommend you eat clean and exercise regularly
Dos and don’ts
- Consult your doctor before teatoxing if you have a pre-existing medical condition
- If you are under 15 years of age, you should discuss with your parents whether teatoxing is right for you
- SkinnyMint might flush out the contraceptive pill. To be on the safe side, do take the pill in the morning after you have been to the toilet and had your breakfast or early in the evening, 2-3 hours before you take the Night Cleanse Tea. Please do check with your doctor if you have any doubt.
- Our teatox is not a meal-replacement program so eat regularly and don’t skip meals
- Do not take our tea if you are pregnant or breastfeeding as our blends are too strong for babies
- Morning Boost shouldn’t be drunk after 5pm as the caffeine may interfere with your sleep
- Do not drink Night Cleanse tea during fasting periods as it might result in watery stools, as there is no solid food to flush out. There is also limited water intake during fasting and drinking the tea might result in further dehydration.
Main image credit: @franceduque
Got any questions about teatoxing? Read the SkinnyMint teatox FAQs or ask us in the comments below.